You will be the owner and architect of the rue21 brand look and feel. The Creative Director will strategically align and partner with cross-functional executives to ensure the brand direction and all outputs of the brand are consistent and tactically aligned.
What will I do as the Creative Director at rue21?
- Be the Brand Architect: You will create user-centered concepts by applying high creative standards to the team’s visual and UX design skills.
- Be Inspirational: You will lead idea generation, brainstorming and concept sessions.
- Be a Brand Curator: You will preserve the core-essence while bringing forth new perspectives and ideas.
- Be a Coach: You will instruct the team to drive for continual improvement in process and creative output through feedback and insights.
What should I bring to the table?
- 7+ years of design experience in a retail environment, managing the creative process.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, art, graphic design, communication or another related field.
- Strong creative instincts balanced with solid strategic and analytical capabilities.
- The ability to operate independently while building strong working relationships with cross-functional teams.
- Superior verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
What would be extra awesome?
- In-house brand and physical retail design experience in a leading role.
- Experience defining or maintaining a design style guide or branding guidelines.
- Experience in recruiting creative talent.
- Experience in working with retail and/or global fashion brands.