As the Inventory Analyst Intern, you will assist the Inventory Planning team with assorting, allocating and analyzing sales trends by store. You will visit local stores and partner with field teams on product needs. You will collaborate with the Supply Chain and other cross functional partners to creatively solve problems. By the end of the internship, you will have a solid understanding of the Inventory Analyst role as well as career paths within Merchandise Planning & Allocation.
This is a paid internship (40 hours per week). The duration of the Summer Internship Program is approximately 12 weeks beginning in May 2018.
- Create Assortment Plans that provide buy direction for merchandising teams.
- Develop an allocation strategy for a specific plan level and execute physical allocations.
- Provide analysis on store selling trends and segmentation of product by store.
- Ensure new, conversion and remodel stores are on inventory plan and provide recommendations for any needed special buys.
- Attend weekly best seller meetings to gain better understanding of selling trends and buy strategy.
- Analyze size selling and recommend pack configuration changes as needed.
- Complete a collaborative group project and presentation of a business initiative
- Must be enrolled in an accredited four-year college or university, graduating Seniors strongly preferred
- Business, Finance, or related majors strongly preferred
- Understanding and appreciation for fashion/retail
- Demonstrated leadership ability, as well as work experience in customer service and/or sales; prior retail experience a plus
- Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, problem-solving, and presentation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt well to change in a fast- paced and deadline-oriented environment