This position will align with Business, IT and external partners to support improved processes with technology solutions that drive growth and objectives of rue21. The IT Business Systems Specialist Intern will be responsible for supporting and maintaining the following enterprise systems: SharePoint, Lawson, Accruent, ADP & iCIMS. The IT Business Systems Specialist Intern will be responsible for following the Software Development Life Cycle to assist the business in testing and implementing effective technology solutions.
This is a paid internship (40 hours per week). The duration of the Summer Internship Program is approximately 12 weeks beginning May 2018.
- Work with the business to determine the most effective use of the existing systems and how they can be fully utilized.
- Able to partner effectively with outside parties/ vendors.
- Develops/Executes detailed test plans for unit, system and user acceptance testing.
- Responsible for maintaining integrity of data base information.
- Follows all rue21 IT change management policies procedures related to implementation of changes or enhancement to production.
- Coordinates with IT operations on the daily, weekly and monthly maintenance and support of the existing IT systems.
- Ensures minimal disruption of production systems by good coordination and thorough testing of any system changes.
- Ensures applications are effectively “turned over” to IT Operations with necessary documentation to operate all systems, including execution schedules, job descriptions, and data flow charts.
- May assist with writing functional specification for proposed system interfaces or enhancements.
- Responds to problems in a timely, effective manner.
- Reports progress or delay of assigned tasks in a proactive manner.
- Provides input to other IT groups on applications in area of responsibility.
- Provides off hours support of critical production application issues as necessary.
- May carry cell phone for off-hours support.
- Actively tracks system issues and enhancements requests and provides status.
- Completes assigned tasks or objectives in a timely manner, within project resources as assigned.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited four-year college or university, preferably in your Junior or Senior year
- Information Technology or related majors strongly preferred
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on relationship-building, listening, questioning, and analytical skills
- Experience working with corporate business systems and applications; Lawson, Accruent, ADP and/or applicant tracking systems.
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications required;
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, and presentation skills
- Ability to operate independently while establishing strong working relationships with co-workers and cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with business partners.
- Strong, professional and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail and deadlines.
- Ability to adapt well to change in direction and priority in a fast- paced and deadline-oriented environment.