As the Human Resources Compensation & Benefits Intern you will partner with our Compensation & Benefits teams to provide support related to compensation structure maintenance, benefits administration, and HR metrics reporting as well as assist with all related HR projects and initiatives, including wellness, safety and worker’s compensation.
This is a paid internship (40 hours per week). The duration of the Summer Internship Program is approximately 12 weeks beginning in May 2018.
- Support the Compensation team with job description reviews and updates to the compensation structure in the HR system.
- Support the Benefits team with employee engagement and safety initiatives
- Support the Benefits team with rueGivesBack initiatives
- Coordinate employee wellness event and activities
- Support the worker’s compensation process
- Complete a collaborative group project and presentation of a business initiative
- Provide administrative support to the Compensation and Benefits teams
- Assist with reporting and analysis of HR metrics
- Complete special projects as assigned
- Must be enrolled in an accredited four-year college or university, preferably in Junior or Senior year
- Demonstrated leadership ability, prior retail experience a plus
- Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, problem-solving and presentation skills
- Ability to work closely with cross-functional teams, while operating independently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt well to change in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment