About the role:
We’re looking for someone who has a point of view, loves fashion and brings energy to everything they do. As an eCommerce Buyer at rue21, you will be responsible for all aspects of merchandise selection for the website, placement of merchandise messages on the website, analysis of product sales and markdowns to optimize margins and profitability for the website.
What will I do as a Buyer at rue21?
- Be a Trend-setter: Identify trends and coordinate requirements, specifications, timing, and distribution for merchandise selection.
- Be a Problem Solver: Resolve quality problems with suppliers.
- Be a Partner:Coordinate with merchandising, IT, Supply Chain and Marketing departments for sales promotion and to maximize sales and profitability.
- Be a Negotiator:Develop effective supplier relationships and strategies for negotiation.
- Be a Leader:Manage and develop Assistant and/or Associate Buyers.
What do I bring to the table?
- A go-getter attitude—you’re results-oriented and always strive to achieve and exceed your goals.
- A high sense of urgency and a keen eye for detail.
- A positive outlook— you’re a motivator, someone who constantly fosters innovation and encourages feedback.
- Speed to Market. How quickly can you identify trends and get them to Market?
What do you need from me?
- Bachelor's Degree in Fashion Merchandising or related field.
- Five+ years' experience as Buyer, preferably in specialty retail
- Prior managerial/supervisor experience
- "We never stand still” mentality—you’re able to change direction and priority in a fast- paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Growth. We continue to grow our business and our merchandise categories, which creates many ways for you to advance.
- Innovation. We believe in changing things up, encouraging creativity and thinking “outside–of–the–box
- Passion. We love what we do and strive to be the best every day. As part of our team, you will have the opportunity to make a difference and own your career path.