About the Role
We’re looking for someone who has a point of view, loves fashion and brings energy to everything they do. As a Buyer at rue21, you will be responsible for all aspects of merchandise selection, vendor negotiation, as well as fashion trend and forecasting sense.
What will I do as a Buyer at rue21?
- Be a Trend-setter: Identify trends and coordinate requirements, specifications, timing, and distribution for merchandise selection.
- Be a Problem Solver: Resolve quality problems with suppliers.
- Be a Partner: Coordinate with marketing and visual departments for sales promotion and visual direction.
- Be a Negotiator: Develop effective supplier relationships and strategies for negotiation.
- Be a Leader: Manage and develop Assistant and/or Associate Buyers.
What do I bring to the table?
- A go-getter attitude—you’re results-oriented and always strive to achieve and exceed your goals.
- A high sense of urgency and a keen eye for detail.
- A positive outlook— you’re a motivator, someone who constantly fosters innovation and encourages feedback.
- Speed to Market. How quickly can you identify trends and get them to Market?
What do you need from me?
- Bachelor's Degree in Fashion Merchandising or related field.
- Five+ years' experience as Buyer, preferably in specialty retail
- Prior managerial/supervisor experience
- "We never stand still” mentality—you’re able to change direction and priority in a fast- paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Growth. We continue to grow our business and our merchandise categories, which creates many ways for you to advance.
- Innovation. We believe in changing things up, encouraging creativity and thinking “outside–of–the–box
- Passion. We love what we do and strive to be the best every day. As part of our team, you will have the opportunity to make a difference and own your career path.