Who We Are:
rue21 is a pioneer in fast fashion retailing, selling apparel, footwear and accessories designed for young women and men of all sizes through retail stores nationwide and online at rue21.com. Headquartered just north of Pittsburgh, PA, we have 758 stores in 45 states in shopping malls, outlets, and strip centers. We are found in smaller cities within the big MSAs in key locations where our customers live and work.
We’re bold, fun and sassy. We’re connected and relevant. We believe in changing things up while staying true to yourself. And we’re passionate about giving our customers a voice and the right to express their selves the way they want. It’s why we never stand still.
We offer trend-focused young women and men the opportunity to purchase the latest styles at attainable prices.
Our brand’s DNA is easy, effortless, cool – with clothes and accessories appealing specifically to young women and men in their late teens and early twenties, who essentially live in easy carefree apparel.
What You Will Do:
The Digital Marketing Intern will pilot the discovery, outline and identification of a new loyalty program for rue21. During this project they will be responsible for research of various programs in the industry, consumer research with our existing customers to learn more about what they want in a program and coming up with recommendations on what the program would look like from program details to potential partners who could help us implement the program. The new rue21 Loyalty program will take into consideration member interactions across all channels and throughout every stage of the member lifecycle. The intern will be the primary architect behind how the program comes to life for the rue21 customer across every program touch-point. This role will also take into consideration how the loyalty program can and will result in ever-increasing customer spend, satisfaction and brand preference
This is a paid internship (40 hours per week). The duration of the Summer Internship Program is approximately 12 weeks beginning in May 2017.
- Research various loyalty programs in the industry, combined with garnering consumer research with our existing customers to learn more about what they want in a program and coming up with recommendations on what the program would look like from program details to potential partners who could help us implement the program
- Take into consideration member interactions across all channels and throughout every stage of the member lifecycle
- Support the initial Loyalty Program design through the development of a customer centric and personalized communication strategy aligning the organization to deliver the best possible member and associate experience to drive customer engagement and sales
- Be the voice of our members and associates in our development process and the advocate for the new program
- Ensure ongoing alignment of membership experiences with overall rue21 brand equities
- Ensure the integration of the Loyalty Program throughout every customer facing touch point
- Architect user stories that support immersive member experiences across channels and through the passage of time
- Ongoing partnership with In-Store Customer Experience, Digital, Mobile, Services, Market Research and Customer Care teams
- Champion the discovery for the initiative as it relates to the integration of the Loyalty Program with digital marketing/eCommerce, mobile, and point of sale providing functional requirements and an outline for solution testing
- Lead the assessment of existing sites/properties for usefulness, usability, visual design, content, and branding
- Facilitate user scenario planning sessions to drive the development of comprehensive sitemaps, wireframes, and process flows
- Lead stakeholder interviews, including: conducting, preparing notes, and analyzing findings to understand key success factors
- Translate business requirements into visual concepts and prototypes to be used in testing and approvals
- Create interaction models, user flows, screen designs, and UI details that promote ease of use
- Create and deliver UX/UI design documentation to aid with cross-team communication, collaboration and development
- Conduct research to identify strategic opportunities for competitive advantage by creating business value through improved customer experience
- Collaborate with third party agencies and vendors on all aspects of member communications and experiences
- Must be enrolled in an accredited four-year college or university, preferably in your Junior or Senior year; graduating seniors strongly preferred
- Marketing, Business, or related majors strongly preferred
- Must love using data to answer difficult business questions
- Extremely detailed oriented
- Ability to take direction and work independently to finalize assignments
- Exceptional planning, communication, and reporting skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Demonstrated leadership ability, as well as work experience in customer service and/or sales; prior retail experience a plus
- Collaboration across multiple business functions including Marketing, Operations, Technology, Services and Finance
- Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook and Internet applications
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, problem-solving, and presentation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt well to change in a fast- paced environment