Position is responsible for the preparation of quarterly tax provisions along with federal and state income tax return compliance. Additional responsibilities include the supervision of the corporate tax department in areas of sales tax, personal property tax, annual reporting, business licenses and the fixed asset/capex function. Significant government compliance at all levels must be maintained with nexus in 45 states and numerous localities. Position oversees various tax software functions and advises support center and the field management at various levels on tax related matters.
- Responsible for quarterly tax provisions.
- Responsible for the preparation of federal and state income tax compliance.
- Oversees the state sales and use tax filings and is the lead in state audits.
- Oversee the fixed asset/capex reporting and manage depreciation books for both GAAP and tax records.
- Supervises the compliance of annual reports and business licenses.
- Responsible for various tax related projects.
- BS degree in accounting.
- Prior supervisor experience a plus.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of federal and state income taxation.
- Strong understanding of accounting, tax principles along with knowledge of quarterly and annual tax provisions.
- Position requires knowledge of state sales and use tax along with personal property taxation.
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and knowledge of Vertex sales tax and Lawson Financial software a plus.
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, verbal and written skills.
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail and deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and to take on new challenges.