The Technical Developer- DCQC will maintain the rue21 quality standards by measuring and evaluating merchandise coming into the Distribution Center and performing clerical support in relation to keeping an accurate inventory. This position reports into the Corporate Support Center Product Development Team
• Measure critical points of measurement of garments pulled from bulk shipment.
• Conducts quality assurance audits in order to assure that rue21 standards are maintained and product integrity is preserved.
• Analyze fit and balance on fit form when needed
• Quickly and effectively identify apparel flaws (i.e. sewing, construction, fabric, printing)
• Review and compare information entered into Island Pacific (IP) software system.
• Communicate daily with related departments, Vendors and Support Center personnel both over the phone and through e-mail.
• Identify and resolve system or paperwork discrepancies.
• Use corporate systems to track sample flow, access/review tech specs, enter notes, etc. related to produce measurement fit and approvals
• Work location in Weirton, WV distribution center, with frequent interface with DC associates and management staff to gain access to bulk samples requiring product technical review
• May assist in other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree in Design or Fashion Merchandising, or related field
• Previous Distribution Center experience preferred
• 1-2 years’ of technical design/construction/patternmaking/design experience
• Knowledge of pattern corrections, garment construction and grading
• Knowledge of fabrications and eye for color
• High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications
• Excellent analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving and organization skills
• Ability to establish strong working relationships with co-workers and cross-functional teams
• Strong, professional and effective verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to foster a positive and motivating work environment, encouraging feedback and innovation
• Self-motivated with critical attention to details and deadlines
• Ability to work independently and efficiently
Software Powered by iCIMS