The Benefits Specialist will oversee day-to-day operations and administration of benefits for specialty areas. This role will provide constant communication and superior customer service regarding benefits orientation & enrollment, COBRA administration, Leave of Absences, and Compliance & Reporting. The Benefits Specialist will support the Support Center, Distribution Center and Field while complying with all Federal, State and Local Laws as well as Company Policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Daily administration of the company’s health and welfare plans, including medical, dental, vision, life, FSA, COBRA, ACA, or any company benefit plan offerings.
- Coordination and administration of the company’s leave of absence programs including FMLA, Non-FMLA Leave, Leave and other forms of Leave.
- Administers leaves as an accommodation and partners with key business leaders in the organization to ensure compliance, open communication during all ADA requests/accommodations.
- Coordinates the enrollment of rue21 employee associates in various company benefits and assures the timely review and processing of information related to benefits enrollments, deductions, coverage amounts, qualifying events, and other coverage related information.
- Coordinates with Payroll any Team Member benefit deduction variances.
- Responsible for ensuring the accuracy of all benefits and leave information in the HRIS Benefits systems, and AbsenceSoft Tracking System.
- Assist rue21 associates with benefits information and all questions and claims ensuring timely completion of necessary paperwork and maintenance of Benefits records.
- Collaborate with the necessary internal and external customers on leave issues, investigations, claim status and appropriate rights and responsibilities.
- Receive, update, reconcile and forward all vendor billing reports and check requests for payments to the Sr. Manager of HRIS & Benefits for final review and approval.
- Deliver benefits presentations during orientation and annual open enrollment meetings.
- Updates, maintains the various benefit communications and guidelines.
- Maintains close communication with rue21 associates regarding insurance changes and educate associates on utilization of health coverage, leaves and other benefit related items.
- Creates payment authorizations related to benefit(s) plans and submits them for approval.
- Work with high volumes of confidential information in a professional manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field required; PHR/SPHR certification and/or Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) designation preferred
- 2-3 years’ Human Resources experience within benefits administration and/or workers compensation role
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of state and federal benefit laws and regulations
- Prior HRIS reporting experience
- Prior experience with ADP EV5, and ADP HWSE preferred
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook) & Internet applications
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, and presentation skills
- Ability to operate independently while establishing strong working relationships with co-workers and cross-functional teams
- Strong, professional and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to foster a positive and motivating work environment, encouraging feedback and innovation
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail and deadlines
- Ability to adapt well to change in direction and priority in a fast- paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Results Orientation: demonstrates the ability to consistently deliver business results by meeting deadlines and achieving goals
- Communication: effectively conveys information and ideas in concise and meaningful exchanges through written and verbal communication
- Teamwork/Collaboration: effectively develops relationships and encourages idea-sharing that facilitates the accomplishment of goals
- Initiative: proactively seeks opportunities to work outside of job scope to assist department or cross-functional team and demonstrates the ability to go beyond what is required to achieve goals
- Personal Adaptability: demonstrates the ability to embrace change and effectively adjusts to new or altered processes within the business environment