The Logistics Manager will manage day-to-day carrier relations, performance metrics, and transportation costs while recording and analyzing data to build a system of carrier accountability in rue21’s Distribution Center in Weirton, WV. He/She will coordinate the logistics information and merchandise flow to ensure that critical actions are properly executed. The Logistics Manager will also be responsible for interfacing with internal customers and providing external customer support as needed. This role will require performance management, process improvement, issue resolution, and effective communication to ensure the logistics operations improve customer satisfaction and drive standards of excellence.
• Manage relationships with external logistics partner carriers and third party logistics providers
• Establish distribution goals, track, analyze, and report carrier KPI’s, and review processes regularly
• Improve cost per unit metrics by devising new and creative logistics strategies to ensure cost containment while delivering service requirements
• Identify and implement logistics services, new vendor opportunities, and interdepartmental logistics improvement initiatives; evaluate opportunities and recommend new partnership opportunities
• Negotiate agreements with third-party logistics providers and service and repair partners; ensure that providers and partners understand and accept rue21’s guidelines and requirements for all logistics operations
• Financial and budgetary responsibility for all service programs
• Analyze financial and operational results and take appropriate actions to ensure operational excellence
• Partner with Operations and Fulfillment Management to communicate delivery schedules and assist Management with identifying optimal staffing levels for shifts
• Maintain OS&D accountability system to capture and report company loss while improving metrics
• Responsible for effectively managing the business communication to the Support Center surrounding logistics operations related to key performance metrics
• Leads and/or attends cross-functional forecasting and planning meetings, reviews recommended sales forecasts and inventory goals (emphasis on brand transitions, new product introduction, and promotions) as related to impact on logistics and carrier operations
• Leads and manages multiple cross-functional, cross-company projects
• Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Operations Management, Business Administration, or related field required
• 5+ years in logistics management and/or related experience in distribution, operations management, etc.
• Demonstrated ability to develop, communicate, and execute detailed work plans that support operational improvement
• Experience negotiating partnerships and structuring agreements required
• High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications required; experience in data gathering; including the ability to translate large amounts of data into actionable insights preferred
• Demonstrated ability to build relationships with and influence business partners
• Strong, professional and effective verbal and written communication skills
• Self-motivated with critical attention to detail and deadlines
• Ability to adapt well to change in direction and priority in a fast- paced and deadline-oriented environment
Perform duties in relation to the receiving, preparing, and packing of merchandise for shipment to stores in the Distribution Center.
Email Alert Options
You can save these search settings as an email alert, meaning an email will be sent to you every time a new opening matches your criteria. If you would like to create an email alert, please fill out the form below and click the save button.